Friday, August 12, 2011

The State Board

I have decided that the State Board only acts as a good reference when I have a decision to make, but not the final say.  For instance, I am thinking about starting a pharmacy, but I'm thinking about obtaining my stock from Canada and India.  I also think that I will hire a lot of clerks and let them do the technicians work, but not paying them accordingly.  I think that with the extra money I will make all of my counters marble, and only reconstitute with the most expensive bottled water I can find. 

Obviously I won't be able to get away with this, but what if I could?  Would I make such decisions knowing that these are unethical things to do?  I'm gonna say no. 

The funny thing is, I think I have been doing that in other aspects of my life.  I think that I used to make decisions based on what I felt was right, then I would pray, and say "please let this be right."  Pharmacy school was one such decision, but I think most of my prayers were: "please help me get in" or "please help me pass this test."

Now, I think that God enjoys the fact that we include him in our lives, however, I think that there is more to choosing Him and obeying Him than just asking for help.  I don't want sit here and try to sound like I got "my way" with God.  Actually, I think that His will is served no matter where we are in our walk with Him. As long as we choose to believe in His Son (and our Lord) Jesus Christ, we will begin to be molded into a character that resembles His. 

There is, though, the next step.  This is not a statement saying, "Now it's up to us to earn our salvation,"  because we can't.  The Lord calls us and, when we choose to believe and have faith in Him, we are part of the Kingdom of Heaven.  What this is, though, is a statement about obedience.  The Bible says that if you love the Lord, you will keep his commandments.  Choosing to obey God is showing your love for Him.

So what does this have to do with the State Board?  Well it's just an illustration.  Once we are licensed, we are part of this profession of pharmacy.  We are involved in it's dealings.  When we use the law books and the governing bodies as suggestions rather than our guides (in the business of course) then we start moving further away from the common goal - Advancing the profession.  If I were to do the things above, I would be disrespecting those who care about the profession and removing myself from the right path. 

The same goes with our walk with Christ.  Without daily prayer to obtain guidance, and without feeding on the Bread of Life (the Word of God), we won't be on the path to be obedient.  Just as we can rest assured that we are pharmacists when we are licensed, we can rest assured that we are part of the Kindgom of Heaven when we accept Jesus as our Savior and call upon his name, believe in Him as the resurrected Son of God, and believe in Him as the atonement for the sins of the world.  Understanding the rules that govern our profession will help us to advance pharmacy in a positive way, just as seeking to understand the Word of God and praying daily to seek guidance, will help us to advance the kingdom as we love God and Obey. 

I plan to try praying and consuming the Word of God daily, so that I can entrust my whole life in Him, and understand how I should obey. So that Jesus' Holy Spirit can work through my life.  Watch Soul Surfer, the movie, then watch the documentary afterwards, the testimony in that girls life is truly a blessing.  What does it say to you?  Where are you in your walk with Christ?

1 comment:

  1. Pharmacy courses in India is opted by many students these days. There are many Top Pharmacy Colleges in Pune that offer the Pharmacy Courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level,,,

    ReplyDelete