Monday, December 13, 2010

Road to redemption

Is it really going to be possible for pharmacists to take a more clinical role in a community practice? I understand that pharmacies out there are already implementing programs, but from what I understand, sufficient reimbursement models do not exist to support a full time (or part time for that matter) clinical practice.

Some would say that you need to find a niche. Hormone replacement therapy, compounding, immunizations, or diabetic education. Okay. But can I start a practice and be competitive? With the big companies out there taking over pbm's, the immunization market, and even mtm ( they pay hourly for these services), is it worth trying my hand at it.

I guess my answer is yes! Anything to get me out of here. So,'I am going to start on my road to redemption, and I hope you will get as much out of it as I will

No comments:

Post a Comment